Having a Tyre of fat around your waist? Probably it is time you consulted your Plastic Surgeon for solutions. By now you have tried everything dieting, exercise but stubborn belly fat around your waist refuses to budge. Losing weight elsewhere on your body only made the matters worse because the belly now is more pronounced. The skin on your stomach is loose, sagging, and you can grab a handful of excess skin. Added to all this in females who have multiple pregnancies their might be separated abdominal muscles which worsen the problem making tummy tuck a necessity.
Often considered a procedure for the rich and famous, tummy tucks (also known as abdominoplasties) are a common procedure now with almost 4 fold increase in the last decade and is now the third most commonly performed plastic surgery procedure.
Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure that focuses on removing the excess skin and fat around the waist and tightening the underlying abdominal muscles. It is important to understand that a abdominoplasty is not meant to help you lose weight. Healthy lifestyle has to be maintained after surgery to get long term results out of the surgery. Depending on the type of tummy tuck performed, a combination of excess skin removal, liposuction, and abdominal muscle tightening can be used to give the stomach a flatter, toned, and firmer appearance.
Which Tummy tuck to choose: This decision is made in consultation with your Plastic Surgeon depending on the various criteria.
- Traditional tummy tucks: Most commonly performed type and here scar extends between the hips
- Mini tummy tucks (partial abdominoplasties): For patients within 10 percent of their ideal body weight and there are alterations only to the part of the abdomen that is below the umblicus.
- Endoscopic tummy tuck
- Extended tummy tucks: Removal of ‘love handles’ as well as the removal of fat and excess skin from tummy. Extension of the scars is behind the hips and below the panty line so it will not be visible, even when one is wearing low-rise clothing.
- Circumferential tummy tucks: Type of body lift done in patients who have undergone bariatric surgery. The scars for this type of procedure are circumferentially around the waist.
Abdominoplasty is always done best by detailed discussion between the expert Plastic Surgeon and the patient. It is individually tailored according to the needs and desire of the patient. When deciding to have a tummy tuck choosing the right plastic surgeon is of paramount importance.
Dr. Arunesh Gupta is a renowned Plastic And Cosmetic Surgeon based in Mumbai,India. He has trained in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery in India and U.S.A.
Dr. Arunesh Gupta has published extensively in Plastic Surgery Journals, written book chapters, and has presented his work nationally and internationally at Plastic Surgery scientific meetings. He is also actively involved in organizing continuing medical education and workshops for the benefit of other doctors and medical students.
- Cosmetic Surgery of face, breast and body
- Microvascular Surgery for Onco-reconstruction
- Stem cell therapy for Hair and Facial rejuvenation
- Cosmetic Gynecology
For any queries regarding Cosmetic Surgery , contact Dr.Gupta on his email : email@example.com or Whatsapp on +91-9594066503.